Sacramental Preparation Schedule for Children 2021-2022
If you are interested in obtaining information for your child to prepare for their First Reconciliation please contact Yvette Leith, Director of Christian Formation at 301-845-8043 (X103) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families who have children entering the 1st grade this fall in school should also be registered in a Faith Formation program to be eligible to prepare and receive First Reconciliation and First Eucharist in the 2nd grade.
1. Sunday, October 10th & 24th – 1:30 – 3:00 Sacramental Preparation Orientation for Families. Parents with children who will be receiving the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation and Eucharist are to attend this informative orientation meeting. All Sacramental Preparation meetings are mandatory. So please mark your calendars and save the dates! Children are not required to attend the Orientation meeting.
2. Sunday, November 7 & 14 First Reconciliation parent/student meeting. 1:30-3:00pm. You only need to attend one of these meetings.
- Families will receive the resources needed to prepare their child at home for the sacrament of Reconciliation. Both English and Spanish families. As well as the schedule for the year in Sacramental Preparation.
- 1st Reconciliation interviews take place Nov. 24 – Jan 8.
- Sunday, January 16th First Reconciliation Family Retreat day. 1:00-3:00pm Parish Ctr. hall.
- One parent is required to attend the retreat with their child.
- Reception of the Sacrament of First Reconciliation – Families will sign up for their child to receive the sacrament of First Reconciliation.
First Reconciliation Info for Middle & High School Youth
- In order to be eligible to begin sacramental prep it is important that you have attended youth ministry for at least one entire year (or 5th grade). If you are wondering whether you are eligible please contact our Director of Youth Ministry, Marissa Paoletti.
- Once you are eligible please email Marissa (email@example.com) to set up a meeting to receive your books and other important dates. This meeting will be for the teen with their parent and will last about 20 minutes. Catholic Faith Handbook & YouCat
- Complete this Interactive Form which will help you learn about the sacrament of Reconciliation. Once completed set up a meeting with Marissa or Maria again to review the material and practice going to Confession. Then you will receive materials for First Eucharist. Click here for Info on receiving First Eucharist as a Teen.
December gather materials for First Confession prep.
Sunday, March 31 at 3:15pm Introductory Meeting for First Communion at 3:15pm